Thursday 15 July 2010

How my life started in Peshawar


Its my fourth year in medical college but the experiences I have gained from it is just beyond imagination. The reason for this is that living in the west is a completely different life when living in the east, where the east for me is Peshawar.....

London being a place of opportunities, order and moderate climate. When I was living in London I would take all these good things for granted. I think thinking about it now I was really negative. To be honest Peshawar wasn't an unknown place for me as I used to go on holidays every year and meet with my relatives. It was a welcome break from the dull weather of London and seeing the usual stuff. Peshawar was really hot in the summers, it was an adventure just going on the local buses, seeing your own people and interacting with them in a different language (my mother tongue pashto, which I was not very fluent in). Everything was chaotic but when you want change from your normal life, you enjoy such chaos because its different.

So I was expecting the same things when I decided to start my study in Peshawar...However that was definately not the case and seeing the real side of life over there was something different when compared to a holiday over there....

1 comment:

  1. My heart's in Peshawar, I love the place through and through!

    ReplyDelete