Friday 9 December 2011

It's that time again..

You must be wondering what time is it again, well its exam time...I've only got around 40 days left till my exams start and this time it's only two subjects, Pathology and Community Medicine. Although it might sound easy, that is not the case. For the first time I am spending my exam preparation time at home in London so this is a new experience. So today I walked a few miles going to the library and coming back. It was a nice atmosphere over there so it did help me study. I just stayed there for 2 hours and got hungry, so I left. I saw this guy sitting there he kept bringing out stuff from his bag. First it was like some kind of pasta and then he brought some drink out. So that was probably one of the main reasons, which made me hungry. The other funny thing that happened while I sitting there in the library, was that one lady kept on coughing non-stop for like a few minutes. Then after she stopped some other guy was coughing. All around the place people were coughing, I felt like joining in as well...Anywayz maybe tomorrow I will go a bit earlier and take something with me to eat while I'm studying...


Today was really cold as well. I could have easily taken the bus to the library but I think that walking there is much better because that is my only chance to get exercise and I find it really important as it does reduce your tension. If you are less tense then you will be able to study more in a shorter time. Like when I am not relaxed I could sit the whole day with a book and just learn a few pages, so what is the point of calculating how many hours you study, rather you should calculate how much effective studying you have done.

After reading a topic then I have my dad always coming up to me and saying let's discuss a topic. He keeps asking me questions that what topic have you studying today so we can talk about it together. In the summer holidays he would always say that to me and I would say later. Now because of exams I can't say later and him discussing things with me does help a lot because I know where I stand and he points to me my mistakes. You also remember stuff more easily. Sometimes my dad does go on a bit too much but I guess that is because he wants to help, but I can't handle long sessions. Whether it is me studying from a book or discussing a topic. My stamina finishes after 2 hours....So i need a good break and then I am ready to start study again...

One last point on studying is that in the past I would always leave everything till the end. But that doesn't apply in studying medicine or anyother tough course. Maybe in A-level or GCSE you can get away with it, on top of that if you have good teachers and your concept was good then you can still get top marks, even though you leave study till the end or don't study much. But I found studying in Peshawar much more tougher because I don't gain much knowledge from the lecture, it goes in one ear and other of the other. I couldn't figure out what way to study or how to structure my answers to get proper marks and so on. But now I have matured a bit and have figured out how this system works. Studying a bit throughout the year makes the load less when it comes to exam preparation time. So always do little study throughout the year rather than cramming it all in the end. And never discuss with friends what book they study from or how many hours they are doing or what is their mood. Just discuss things you don't understand and do your own style of study and not what others tell you. Taking tips and good advice obviously is beneficial but most of the times people give advice which don't apply to you and maybe suits them more. I remember in one subject people said to study from a certain book. But when i tried studyin from it, i found it impossible to get anything from it. So I went for the book I could study!



No comments:

Post a Comment